Sunday 13 March 2016

Legacy - barriers to writing

Well, I set aside a few hours to write some more of this story. I had so many details and plot lines in my head to get down. The computer behaved, but sadly I didn't! I allowed myself to get distracted by a tiny bit of double checking research! I simply had to check the dates of an outbreak of the infamous sweating sickness and the lure of internet links swallowed up a whole hour!
But, that aside, I managed to add quite a bit. I also rewrote one chapter and feel much happier about it.
It's much harder to write about ordinary lives in an exciting and page turning style, but I hope I'm making progress. Focus on the things that resonate with today's reader is my mantra. Hopefully it's working.
Then I went out to the supermarket and had an idea for a short story based on ancient Roman figures - not sure how that happened!
So today I'll go out for a walk and to get some more inspiration for Legacy, but I won't count on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment